- Final Army Navy Weekend Reminder 12/03/2018
- Final San Diego update, Army-Navy Weekend Announcement 10/23/2018
- Navy Apparel 10/23/2018
- Update on San Diego and Home Tailgates 10/23/2018
- Important Request and Sign Up for San Diego 2018 09/26/2018
- December 2018 (1)
- October 2018 (3)
- September 2018 (2)
- August 2018 (6)
- July 2018 (5)
- May 2018 (1)
- April 2018 (2)
- February 2018 (3)
- December 2017 (1)
- November 2017 (1)
- October 2017 (5)
- September 2017 (4)
- August 2017 (8)
- November 2016 (4)
- October 2016 (3)
- September 2016 (2)
- August 2016 (1)
- May 2016 (3)
- March 2016 (2)
- February 2016 (6)
- January 2016 (1)
- December 2015 (5)
- November 2015 (5)
- October 2015 (21)
- September 2015 (18)
- August 2015 (1)
- July 2015 (1)
Search within our site
Most used tags
Subscribe to Class of 1985 Website Updates
EMAIL Blast 22 Feb 2016
I just received an email from the Navy Group ticket office since Navy has sold out and we still have some tickets left in our block. If you are ready to purchase tickets, go to this link: https://www.groupticketwindow.com/groupticket/college/navy/group. Once at this link, our username is: 1985FL and our password is: gonavy (These are CASE SENSITIVE). You can buy your tickets and have them sent to you. Not sure how much longer tickets will last, so do not delay on this one.
Below I have pasted information my previous email reserving the rooms in our Class of ’85 block at the Marriott Sawgrass Resort at the group rate of $179:
As in the past like the Dublin Trip in 2012 and the 30th Reunion last October, I have built an event and I know that ’85 WILL COME!! The registration for this weekend is now open to all aspects except the tailgate party that is still in progress and the Friday excursion to St. Augustine. This is what I have so far: Rooms for $179 per night at the Marriott Sawgrass Resort available from Nov. 3-Nov 6, 2016 (plus a reduced resort fee of $15 saving you $10 per day, this gets you parking, internet and other resort amenities included). I have planned a nice dinner on the beach for Friday night at the Marriott’s Oceanfront Cabana Club, A golf outing at the TPC’s Pete Dye Valley Course with a shotgun start at 9:30 am Friday, Nov. 4th, Shopping Excursion to historic St. Augustine on Friday Nov. 4th from 10:30 am to 3:00 pm, Pre-game tailgate starting 3 hours prior to the game time at a private site outside EverBank Stadium, A class block of at least 220 tickets for $85 each and bus transport to and from the Marriott to the Stadium for the tailgate and game. (WOW… I have been busy now that I read all of this).
Here is how this works: For the rooms, you can go to this link: https://aws.passkey.com/event/14681619/owner/2608/home to reserve your rooms in our ’85 Block. If you need to call Marriott, our group code is: NAV. For the dinner: I have attached the menu to this email, it is the “Golfer’s Grille” Buffet which is an amazing selection of salads, grilled meats and fish and sides. You will get 2 drink tickets good for beer or wine and then have the ability to buy more tickets or drinks or give your tickets to another person. The location is the best on Ponte Vedra Beach and the cost is $135 per person. I researched places to have a large event that night for a group our size on or near the ocean and this was by far the best option available to us. You can register for the dinner with me using PayPal or personal checks or credit cards. Email me for info: email@example.com. I know this is a bit expensive, but like I said, it has great value and hanging out on the beach eating fine food with your ’85 Classmates falls into the “PRICELESS” category.
For the golf outing, the greens fees and carts and range balls for a super nice shotgun start event at Pete Dye’s valley course is $210.00. This is a price break from the normal greens fees for this time of year and a once in a lifetime event. I have planned it for 40 players so I hope we can reach that number. Once again, you can register with me for this the same way as mentioned above. For the tailgate and excursion to St. Augustine, I will announce those events and start collecting for them when I do. The tailgate will be priced with and without ground transportation to the Stadium. I can tell you this, it will be cheaper than driving and parking and far less hassle. We will use nice motor coaches and mini buses. The Tailgate will be southern Barbecue theme and we will be serving beer from the Chesapeake Brewing Company and classmate Dave Marquis (Beat Army Golden Lager on tap). Maybe Dave will brew us a special “Beat the Irish” Ale or Stout? We shall see! Stay tuned for those announcements and sign ups.
I am in the final stages of nailing down our tailgate and transportation plan and when I do I will send out an email, put it on FB and the Class website. We have put a sign up form on the Class website for the dinner and golf outing, I will collect your money for those using personal checks or PayPal. As usual, the Class of ’85 website will be kept up to date on this, so use that as your ongoing reference: http://1985.usnaclasses.net. We will have a GREAT weekend and I do look forward to seeing all of you at our Class of ’85 31st Reunion in early November. From what I have been told, we are the biggest single alumni Class group attending (GREAT WORK). So, as always, contact me with questions: Cell: 502-432-6185 and email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Go Navy and BEAT everyone, especially Notre Dame this year! Bob Smith ’85.
Navy Notre Dame 2016 Weekend Registration Information
Game tickets: Please call ASAP OBSTCR the Navy Sports Ticket Office (I suggest you call if you want to sit in the Class seating area), at: 800-874-6289. When you order your tickets, identify yourself as a member of the Class of 1985 and ask to be seated in our class area and they will work to accommodate us by seating us together on the Navy side.
Hotel: Contact the Marriott TPC Sawgrass directly Additional information (link, etc) will be posted later.
Please use the form below to register for events. We will send a confirmation email with totals and payment details within a week or sooner. Please ensure that you check your spam folders for this confirmation email. Bob Smith is working on final details with the vendors. Once that is done, we will post an update on the specific event prices.
As a reminder, these are the events you can sign up for:
- Shopping trip into St. Augustine
Class of ’85,
I predicted, this game would SELL OUT and this would be a very popular weekend. I just received confirmation today that Navy Sports has sold out of their ticket allotment and we, as a class, have the last 110 tickets left for sale in the Navy section at face value of $85 (or pay $400 on StubHub). We have sold out 50% of our block so far and I am very excited that we have made great progress. So, now what I need is for those of you who are notorious last minute shoppers to make a decision EARLY and get your game tickets, hotel rooms and contact me for the dinner, golf outing at TPC, trip to St. Augustine and tailgate. I am still finalizing the tailgate plans and this is because I am at the mercy of out of town vendors on this, but PLEASE trust me. We will have the best tailgate. I already have the best dinner, golf outing and largest ticket block, so why not just relax and sign up??? Okay, I just wanted to get this out to any of you on the fence. The rest of the Navy Alums have grabbed their tickets and it is my sincere fear that if we do not sell out our block SOON, NAAA will ask me for tickets to sell to other groups now that the game is sold out for them. PLEASE do not wait until the last minute to make plans or commit to things this time as I WILL NOT be able to help you last minute. The Marriott is filling up and they have already reduced our room block from 150 to 100, so let’s get on this NOW Class of ’85. Get your trips planned and let’s start counting the days.
On a side note, we have had a significant increase in orders for the Reunion Pictures and everyone who has placed an order has been very pleased (of those who I have talked to). Like I said, these are GREAT pictures from a great weekend and we appreciate Marcus our photographer in giving us 50% pricing for downloads and prints. In case you do not have it, here is how you view and order from our library:
Here is how you get there to browse (which is fun) or buy (even better)! Go to this link: http://www.enjoyphotos.com/Gallery/Login.aspx?EventGuid=9215E0F4-7E37-4FC0-98E5-CAEFEBC46C5A. From there you just enter any email address to enter this site. Once there you can browse and shop away. The prices listed on the drop down are full price, your discount will be taken off when you proceed to your checkout. I have ordered about 10 of these prints and they are constant reminders of how great the 30th was and how cool it was to see so many of you in Annapolis. Plus a few nice shots of me and my lovely wife Sherry. Okay ’85, make me proud on this one. If you have questions, email Marcus Chacona at: email@example.com.
I LOVE my prints that are now framed and hanging all over my house. I also want to give a shout out to Dave and Carolyn Marquis for the opening of the Chesapeake Brewing Co. Pub in Annapolis and the “Beat Army Bar” inside their brewpub. I was lucky enough to be at grand opening their several classmates and it was truly great. They are still in the early stages of getting their bar decorated and set up. They are looking for any great memorabilia like old and new photos from the Naval Academy or Fleet “stuff” or pictures. They are still open to adding members to the Plank Owner program, which gives you a small stake in the bar and gives you full privileges as an original plank owner in what is sure to be one of Annapolis’s most popular bars. You can email Dave and Carolyn at: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. We look forward to partnering with the Chesapeake Brewery for years to come in as many events as they will serve us beer (including at the Navy v. Notre Dame weekend in November.)
So, in review, get your plans made for the Class of ’85 31st Reunion in Jacksonville from Nov. 3-6. Get your game tickets NOW and your hotel rooms NOW. Sign up for golf and the beach dinner on Friday (see our Class website: http://1985.usnaclasses.net) for details throughout the process. Contact me with comments and questions: 502-432-6185 or email@example.com.) ALSO, get on our Class of ’85 Apparel site and keep shopping. We have the VERY BEST Class apparel site and I would love to see more of you use it and support us having such an amazing place for Class Apparel: http://usna85.deco-apparel.com. I or my wife own about every item on here and LOVE LOVE LOVE all of it as I am sure you will too. Why wait??
Okay, Take care and I will look forward to more sign ups for our “31st Reunion”. Go Navy as always. Bob Smith ’85
Email Blast 6 Feb 2016
A few items to get out to you while I have some downtime on an Alaska layover:
1) I am encouraging ALL of you to check out the numerous and amazing reunion photos our Class Photographer took at the Reunion. Marcus went to all the major events and took some really great photos for us. Remember when he took your photo with your spouse or date entering the dinner? Or the group photos at the dinner or tailgate? Yep, they are there waiting to be browsed and bought. The bad news? Only a few of us have actually ordered any for our collections. Well, I convinced Marcus we needed a price reduction and he gave us 50% off any of his photo prints or downloads from his website. Here is how you get there to browse (which is fun) or buy (even better)! Go to this link: http://www.enjoyphotos.com/Gallery/Login.aspx?EventGuid=9215E0F4-7E37-4FC0-98E5-CAEFEBC46C5A. From there you just enter any email address to enter this site. Once there you can browse and shop away. The prices listed on the drop down are full price, your discount will be taken off when you proceed to your checkout. I have ordered about 10 of these prints and they are constant reminders of how great the 30th was and how cool it was to see so many of you in Annapolis. Plus a few nice shots of me and my lovely wife Sherry. Okay ’85, make me proud on this one. If you have questions, email Marcus Chacona at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) Our Classmate and good friends David and Carolyn Marquis are opening their new Annapolis Brewpub (the first in Annapolis by the way) this Tuesday, Mardi Gras called the Chesapeake Brewing Company. They are located on West Street Annapolis next to the Lowe’s hotel in an old fire station. We have forged a bond of support for Dave and Carolyn and they have equally made the Class of ’85 members of this venture and will provide beer for most upcoming class events. I can proudly say I am the first committed “plank owner” of the Beat Army Bar! You can still become plank owners and join me. I will be in Annapolis this Tuesday to guest bar tend along with Mike “Pig” Vance and others to help celebrate the opening of the USNA ’85 “watering hole”! If you live in the area or can get to Annapolis, come out and join us for the evening of great food and of course GREAT BEER! The Beat Army Lager is now becoming one of the most popular beers in the State Capital and Navy Exchanges worldwide. I look forward to seeing some of you Tuesday for sure. If you have questions, email them at: email@example.com. They have forms to become a plank owner of the Beat Army Bar and always have a place to call your “home” while in Annapolis. (Other than Pig’s couch).
3) Sign ups and tickets sales have started for the Navy/Notre Dame or (AKA) USNA ’85 31st Reunion weekend November 3-6. Get on board soon to get your travel plans, rooms, game tickets, golf outing, dinner tickets arranged. I will steer you to our Facebook page or the Class Website for all things Navy/Notre Dame weekend. Or just call or email me: firstname.lastname@example.org or 502-432-6185. November will come soon, the room block and game tickets will be sold out before that. Get started TODAY! I will announce the final plans for the tailgate and the St. Augustine 3 Martini Lunch trip soon. The hotel has an amazing Spa and the surrounding area of Ponte Vedra, Florida is just spectacular.
Okay guys, it has been a busy week and do not expect this volume of information to continue. I will be out flying around Europe for most of the next 2 weeks (after Mardi Gras of course) delivering commerce for UPS. Go Navy and Beat Army!! Get your pictures before the deadline of March 31st, you will NOT be disappointed.
I wanted to put this out today since some have started ordering their game tickets for this event. You can call the Navy Sports Ticket Office (I suggest you call if you want to sit in the Class seating area), at: 800-874-6289. When you order your tickets, identify yourself as a member of the Class of 1985 and ask to be seated in our class area and they will work to accommodate us by seating us together on the Navy side.
As for other events, I will be up and running on hotel rooms and other event registration soon when I finalize those details and I am now very close. For now, however, the ticket purchase is a separate deal anyway, but if you are planning on attending, get your seats soon as I am sure these will sell quickly. Take care and stay tuned for more information in the next few days.
Bob Smith ’85
Class of ’85,
I have been back at the planning “thing” and have put together quite a weekend for our Class for the Navy/Notre Dame Football Game 2016 down in Jacksonville, FL. The Game itself is Saturday, November 5, 2016 (Time is TBA) at EverBank Stadium. I have secured a block of 150 rooms at the Marriott Sawgrass Resort for Friday-Sunday at $179 per night and a reduced resort fee of $15.00 per night (down from $25). On Friday, I have arranged a golf outing at Pete Dye’s Valley Course at the TPC as well as a bus trip down for lunch and sightseeing to historic St. Augustine. On Friday evening, I have contracted with the Marriott for a dinner at their Cabana Club which is situated right on the beach at Ponte Vedra. On Saturday, I am working with local contacts to put on a catered tailgate near the stadium and have everyone bus over and back from the Marriott for the game and tailgate. For the football game, NAAA has given me access to a block of 220 tickets for the game at the price of $85 per ticket.
All in all, we now have a great plan in place for this weekend and I am finalizing contracts and prices with various vendors. By next week, you will be able to go online to book your rooms and you will be able to contact NAAA to buy your game tickets within our block of seats. I will be collecting money ahead of time myself for the dinner, tailgate, golf outing and bus transportation and can take your credit cards for payment. Stay tuned for more details soon; I wanted to get the word out today since Navy announced ticket sales and to let those who are coming know to buy tickets and get rooms in the USNA ’85 group block. This will be a GREAT 31st Class Reunion and a great chance to gather together and keep up the great momentum we built at our 30th Reunion last October. As always, Go Navy and contact me with questions. My next email will come out in a week or so announcing more details on how to start signing up for rooms and events and buying game tickets. Take care and I look forward to seeing many of you in Jacksonville next November.
Bob Smith ’85